Clapham Common, Holy Trinity
Practice Night: Occasional Tuesdays - please enquire for details
Ringing Times: Sunday Service: 9.00-09.30am. Practice: 6:30 - 8:00pm
Entry: Entry is through the main entrance at the West End of the church - the belfry door is just inside the porch on the right
Contact: Martin Carr email@example.com
Additional Information: Parking in churchyard
The church was built in 1776, with a number of later additions. Renowned as being the church of ‘The Clapham Sect’ and displays the historical interest ‘Blue Plaque’ put up in 1983 to William Wilberforce to celebrate 150th Anniversary of the “Freeing of slaves in the British Empire”.
Originally a ring of 4 bells was installed when the church was built. These were cast by Thomas Janaway, providing the clock chimes and formed numbers 1,2,3 and 6 of a six. At the restoration by Whitechapel in 1991 the Tenor (13 cwt) remained untouched in the old frame as a clock bell. The front three formed the back three of the new ring with three new trebles.