Index‎ > ‎

Tandridge, St Peter

Tandridge Lane, Tandridge, RH8 9NN    Find on map
Number of bells: 5  (unringable)
Tenor Weight: 4 cwt
Ground floor ring: No



District: Southern
Practice Night: None
Ringing Times: 
Entry: 
Contact: 
Website: 



An inventory of the church made in 1549 by Sir William Smyth Curate there with John Tanner and William Chett Churchwardens recorded "in the stepyll iij belles and one hande bell" There are, however, now five bells in the belfry; the one that rings the hours is dated 1744, and other bells were made in 1777, 1808, and two in 1870. For many years, though, it has no longer been safe for the ancient wooden tower framework to have the bells pealed by swinging them with ropes, and they are now rung through the hammers and cords of a carillon arrangement.

Extract taken from:
Notes on the Architecture & History of Tandridge church
Compiled by G. L. Walkden, July 1997. Updated Aug 2011